Thursday, 18 September 2014

TV Shows that I want back episode 5 - Gravedale High

Jan again! Ian has been busy looking after me, as we spent my birthday out with family, which has meant I must suffer apparently.....ME/CFS really doesn't seem to like it when I enjoy myself. On top of that, we lost our beloved Garfield on Monday night. He was only 3, and seemed healthy, but he passed away in his sleep. I am heartbroken, haven't managed to eat until today, nor really slept, so Ian has been spending time with me rather than keeping up the blog. So, it seems only fair that I should share one of my posts on his blog. He is a bit too young to remember this gem....he's 28, so technically I suppose he's my toyboy....but I introduced him to it and he loves it!


Episode 5 of my TV show resurrection wishlist! This one is a great little 90's cartoon called Gravedale High!



This is a little known, but great, cartoon series from the 90's. When you look at this you can see the basis of current favourites like Monster High. This was sending out the same message 20 years earlier! Weird is good! Unique is good! I love it! Sadly, there are just 13 episodes....the world wasn't quite ready I suppose! Produced by the legendary Hanna-Barbera, and with Rick Moranis voicing the main character, it had a great pedigree. Sadly, not even that could help it to survive.

The storyline revolves around a human teacher, Max Schneider, who unwittingly takes a job at Gravedale High. This unusual school teaches the offspring of various movie monsters, who tend to be disruptive and uninterested in school.




Rick Moranis as Maxwell Schneider, the only human teacher at Gravedale High. A great teacher, who works hard to look after all his students.







Roger Rose as Vinnie Stoker, a 50's greaser style, Fonzie-esque vampire.






 

Frank Welker as Frankentyke, a cross between Frankenstein's monster and Bart Simpson! He's short and not particularly scary.








Frank Welker also voiced the character of J.P. Ghastly III, in an impression of Peter Lorre. He is a blue skinned, gnome like creature, but his monster classification is unknown.






Barry Gordon as Reggie Moonshroud, in a nod towards Richie from Happy Days, Reggie is a geeky, red headed werewolf. His best friend is Vinnie Stoker.






Jackie Earle Haley as Gill Waterman, a lagoon creature. He is a surfer dude and best friend of Frankentyke.







Ricki Lake as Cleofatra, an obese mummy. She is somewhat nerdy, and has a crush on Billy Headstone, the star of Trudy and the Beast, which is a parody of the 80's TV show Beauty and the Beast (which I also loved by the way! It may be on my list of shows I want back....).





Maurice LaMarche as Sid, a student styled after The Invisible Man. Sid is the class clown, and performs various impersonations.








Shari Belafonte as Blanche, a shopaholic, zombie Southern belle. She dates J.P. Ghastly III, but his money appears to be his most attractive trait to Blanche.







Kimmy Robertson as Duzer, a Valley Girl version of Medusa. She is extremely pretty and vain, with a crush on Vinnie Stoker. Her best friend is Cleofatra.







There were many other great characters, but I could go on for days so I shall leave some of the investigation to you! I highly recommend you check this out if you missed it....I remember watching it on Saturday mornings, in my pj's with my sugary cereal, while my parents got a nice lie in! Ah to be 11 again!

Do you remember this one? What were your favourite childhood TV shows? Leave me a comment!

Thanks for popping by!

Jan

x





No comments:

Post a Comment