Monday, 8 September 2014

Marvel Legends Iron Man 3 Heroic Age Iron Man Action Figure Review

Despite the devastating news that, Robert Downey Jr has confirmed there are no plans for Iron Man 4 *sobs*...I thought I'd share with you a review of the, Marvel Legends Iron Man 3 Heroic Age Iron Man... Allons-y!

I have always been a fan of Iron Man, even more so since RDJ took up the mantle on the silver screen. As a result, anytime (money permitting) I see an Iron Man figure (even in the naff 3 3/4 inch range), I have to pick it up! This figure was released as part of wave one of the Iron Monger, build a figure collection... For anyone new to Marvel Legends build a figure collections, the name pretty much sums it up. Each figure comes a body part of a character (usually a larger character, although, occasionally it's a smaller one) and, when you have collected the set (normally 6 figures), you have an extra figure.




The Sculpt

As I did for my Amazing Spider-Man 2 figure review, I researched extensively before writing this review (I Googled and watched YouTube videos...some were even about this figure!). My exhaustive research session brought to light the fact that this figure, at the time, was a brand new mould...

The moulded detail on the figure is very good. The Heroic Age (Bleeding Edge) armour, due to it's nature (basically...it's stored in his body then forms around him when needed), is not quite as cumbersome as the normal Iron Man armour. This more understated armour could quite possibly be achieved with paint detail alone, however, Hasbro have sculpted everything... even down to the repulsers on the bottom of his feet!


The Paintwork

By and large, the paintwork on the figure is quite excellent. The application is neat with only minor imperfections. Most of the imperfections appear to have been caused by the handling of the figure after it was painted, possibly at the packing stage.

The colours on the figure are vibrant and, whilst not strictly Iron Man-esc, I like the marbleized effect in the plastic.

The only real issue I have with the figures paintwork is, the arc reactor and repulsors. I wish they would have painted a lighter colour in the center of them to give the indication of light.




Articulation

As you can probably tell from the picture at the top of this review, articulation on the figure is very good...despite the fact he is a man in a suit of armour, you can make him breakdance if you wish!

I only really had one issue with the articulation of this figure, the head, it didn't look up enough for flight poses... I say had issue with because, I have figured out a way around it. You can quite easily pop the figures head off, tilt the peg as par as it will go then, place the head on the peg (not clicked on fully but, it's still quite secure) and...voila, flight poses!


Accessories

As this is Iron Man, he doesn't come with any weapons, gadgets, or accessories...he is the weapon after all! Some form of flight stand or even just an interesting base would be nice!

As  this is part of the Iron Monger build a figure collection, you do get a build a figure part. The part you get is, Iron Monger's left leg.


Overall

Overall, I really like this figure. The sculpt, paintwork, and articulation are all done extremely well, with only minor issues. It's a great figure that would be a great addition to any action figure collection and, is a must for fans of Iron Man.




So, there you have it, my review of the Marvel Legends Iron Man 3 Heroic Age Iron Man action figure...

Do you have this and/or the other figures in the series? What are your thoughts on them? Leave me some comments below.

Thanks for stopping by, I do hope you enjoyed yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment