Saturday, 27 September 2014

Doctor Doom Pictures Leaked... Bill & Ted 3 Happening... Gotham, Batman Without The Caped Crusader...

It seems, the set of The Fantastic Four has a leak. Bill & Ted 3 is a go, and, in non leak/sequel related news, this week saw the start of Gotham... Allons-y!

Most movie sets (and nudey pic taking celebs) find themselves the victims of leaks, and, The Fantastic Four is no exception. Recently, images have been doing the rounds of Doctor Doom, against a green screen, doing some wire work. Now, most sites that have put them up, found themselves receiving orders from Twentieth Century Fox to take them down. For this reason, I won't risk showing a picture of it, however, I will, with the aid of pictures, tell you what it looks like...

Basically, it looks like:
THIS FELLA:
THE MAN UNDER THE MASK - TOBY KEBBELL

COVERED IN...
WRAPPED IN...


In other, non processed meat related news, Bill & Ted 3 looks like it will happen.



In a recent interview with Yahoo movies, Alex Winter gave the lowdown on what is happening with the sequel to, 1991's Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey. In the interview, Winter states, "Bill and Ted will be 40-something and it's all about Bill and Ted grown up, or not grown up. It's really sweet and really f*****g funny". Now, I am a big fan of the originals, but, I'm not sure how I feel about the idea of a third installment. If it was done years ago, before it's stars hit 50, then I would probably be on board with the idea. As both Winter and Keanu Reeves are 49 and 50 respectively, thus the characters having to be in their 40's, I worry the film will just be cringe worthy...and not in a good way.



This past Monday saw the start of Fox's new show Gotham...or, Batman without the bat. 

I'll be honest, when I heard the premise of the show, I was apprehensive about it. I mean, how can you have something set in the Batman universe, without Batman in it(?). I'm not going to lie, the whole notion puzzled me...actually, it still puzzles me a bit.

The show, so far, seems to be a police procedural type show that happens to be set within the world of Batman. Despite the lack of Batman, it is packed full of obvious references to people and places from the various Dark Knight stories. As well as this, it also has more subtle nods to characters and events for hardened fans to find...4th & Grundy for example (Solomon Grundy).

As is the case with the majority of DC's works, it is much darker and grittier than that of it's rivals from Marvel. Whereas Marvel's works, such as Agents Of Shield, is lighter and, set within a more 'real' world, with a more 'realistic' crime rate, DC's is not. For the most part, DC's works are always set in a uber dark, extra crime-ridden setting.

My earlier worries, up to now, are unjustified. The show has started off well, it's laid some great groundwork for what looks like a great upcoming season. It's packed full of references and Easter eggs for Batman fans to find, although, despite this, it's also extremely accessible for outsiders who know nothing of the Bat.

Despite how good it is, I don't know how long it can playout without having, even a hint of, the Caped Crusader...or the Joker thinking about it!



Have you seen the Doctor Doom Pics? What did you think? What's your thoughts on Bill & Ted in their 40's? Did you see Gotham? What did you think of it? Leave me some comments below.

Thanks for stopping by, I do hope you enjoyed yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment