Wednesday, 10 September 2014

August 2014 Favourites

I've noticed that a lot of beauty bloggers and vloggers do monthly favourite posts/videos. It seems to be however, other types of bloggers/vloggers don't do them so much, I don't know why... So, I figured I'd give it a go... Allons-y!



Marvel Legends Spider-Man Infinite Series Amazing Spider-Man 2


This thing is quite possibly, the best Spider-Man figure Hasbro have ever made. I won't waffle on about it (despite wanting to) as I have already reviewed it here.



WWE SuperCard


I have a habit of developing a slight obsessions when it comes to iPhone games (on Jan's iPhone). I tend to download one, play it to death for a month or so (either finishing it or getting bored of it), then I move on to another. This months obsession is, WWE SuperCard. Basically, it's like every other card collecting/battling game out there, but with men and women in skin tight Lycra and blathered in baby oil.





I got into Bones a little late, around series 6 (2010/2011), like I've said before, I'm always late to the party. Recently, Jan and I have been watching Bones again, from the beginning. Currently, by some coincidence, we are up to series 6, which is quite a sad series...poor Mr. Nigel-Murray! For those who don't know...Bones focuses on Forensic Anthropologist Dr Temperance "Bones" Brennan (Emily Deschanel), FBI Special Agent Seeley Booth (David Boreanaz) and the team of scientists "squints" at the Jeffersonian Medico-Legal Lab. Set mainly in Washington DC (with the occasional outing elsewhere), the show revolves around the solving of difficult cases (usually with little to no, obvious/visible evidence available) using the combined scientific skills of the team at the Jeffersonian and Booth's detective skills...and the occasional fun experiment. 





I watch a lot of YouTube videos, probably more than is healthy. A large portion of my YouTube viewing revolves around action figure customising. One such customiser I watch on a regular basis is Glenn Webb. As you can see from the picture above, which I've lovingly borrowed from his Facebook fan page (which you should head over and like!), he does a whole host of action figure related goodies, such as Customizing Live, Confessions of an Ebayaholic, Action Figure Comparisons, Two Minute Toy Rewind. I have to admit, as someone who is just now dipping his toe into figure customising, I am a little envious of his skills...and his vast collection...and the hauls he gets from Ebay.



Asda Skinsystem Nail Varnish Remover


I haven't taken to wearing nail polish, well, maybe occasionally... Anyway, if you have read my previous posts, such as my 'I Got Bored, So I Painted A Turtle', you will know I have taken up figure customising. As I am just starting out, I have started with basic repaints and, I need a way to remove excess paint and minor errors. I could have paid £7 for a bottle of paint thinner from a craft store, although, this seems a little steep to me, especially as I am only just starting out. What I decided to do was, give nail polish remover a go (it's basically the same thing right?)...it works and it only costs £1 a bottle (or 4 bottles for £3), it's a win-win.



So there you have it, a few of my favourite things from August 2014. Apologies for it being short, I only recently thought to do it (I say 'I', really it was Jan's idea) so, I didn't note things I have liked. I shall be making notes from now on so future favourites should hopefully be longer...don't quote me though!

What have been your favourite things from August 2014? Leave me some comments below.

Thanks for stopping by, I do hope you enjoyed yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment