Thursday, 28 August 2014

The Love Child Of Mark Ruffalo & Lou Ferrigno

A little while back I posted about my first attempt at customising an action figure, well, I seem to have caught the bug and I've been at it again... Allons-y!

This time around, I decided to attack Hasbro's 3 3/4 inch, Avengers Gamma Smash Hulk. Unlike my first attempt (in which I just did a little wash over the figures factory paintwork), I decided to do a full repaint of the figure.


AS HE APPEARS STRAIGHT OUT OF THE PACKET

As was the case with Leonardo, I quite liked Hulk as he was straight out of the packet...minus some issues with the paint application on his pants, and his legs not matching the rest of him. I decided however, I wanted to have a go at making him a little more like the Lou Ferrigno and cartoon incarnations...



I gave him a base coat of a green that I mixed up...I'm not gonna lie, there was no rhyme nor reason to the mix, I just made it up as I went along. After the base coat had dried, I dry brushed a lighter mix of green to accent his muscles, finger, toes, etc. When his body had dried, with a tiny, nail art brush I painted the whites of his eyes, followed by a green, applied with a cocktail stick for his iris (this took a while, I have incredibly unsteady hands). For his pants I decided on the classic purple from the cartoons...as I did with his body, I applied a base coat of my chosen colour, then dry brushed a lighter coat on top to accent the creases, and texture of the fabric.


I have to admit, he has come out a little darker than I planned (as Jan says, he's been on holiday and has a tan!), however, for the most part, I am quite pleased with the results.

So there you have it, my second foray into figure customisation. I'd love to see your customs, please leave me links to them below.

Thanks for popping by, I do hope you enjoyed yourself.

(EDIT 11.09.14 - Hulk has received a repaint to give him lighter skin, more reminiscent of the cartoons and TV show... Images of Mark II coming soon!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment