Wednesday, 9 July 2014

Iron Man Suits For US Military Personnel?

Could we be seeing Tony Stark's Iron Man suits take to the battlefield... Allons-y!


I don't know about you but, I have always wanted to have my own Iron Man suit, I mean, who wouldn't want a real life Iron Man suit? For many years now, various companies have been working on the conundrum that is, making a fully working suit like Tony Stark's kick ass armour. Many of these companies have come together to consult with the US military on Project TALOS (Tactical Assault Light Operator Suit). The goal of Project TALOS, developing the ultimate robotic exoskeletons for soldiers.

One company who has recently been brought in on the project is, Legacy Effects, the team behind the suits in Iron Man, as well as, Robocop and X-Men Days Of Future Past. In an interview with the Wall Street Journal, Legacy Effects co-founder Lindsay MacGowan told them "when you're doing something for a movie it is all make believe, whereas for the military that's really not going to be the case"... erm, understatement much?

According to the article, the deadline for the first wave of prototypes was May this year, and, in an exclusive for my blog, I can show you this picture of it in testing...


Sadly, the above image is Tony Stark's Mark I busting him out of his cave prison, I doubt the first wave of prototype testing was as cool as this... FYI Project TALOS, Tony built this in a cave, out of scrap!

The article also states that Special Operations Command, which has so far put $10 million into the project, reviewed the prototypes in late June, their goal, to accelerate the project more quickly than normal military technology projects that use contractors... If I may make a suggestion for speeding up production, I touched upon this before, all you need to speed up the process is, a cave, scrap/weapons and a partner named Yinsen.

As is always the case, there are people skeptical about the project... we shall call them AIM. If I'm honest, I didn't really read what MODOK and his cronies had to say, it was something about not going to happen, so I phased out, I need to believe that Iron Man suits could be a possibility in my life time!

The goal of Project TALOS is, to develop a 'independently operational combat suit prototype' by July 2018, coincidentally, Iron Man 4's release could be 2018... cue amazing film promos?

What's your thoughts on the US Military teaming with Legacy Effects? What comic/movie hero or technology would you like to see appear in real life? leave me your thoughts below.

Thanks for stopping by, I do hope you enjoyed yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment